President Trump’s Hollywood star was vandalized, yet again. This time the vandal completely destroyed the star. Multiple witnesses watched as he took a pickax to Trump’s star, including two security officers. None of whom stopped the man. In fact, you’ll be surprised to learn who called the police!
Trump received his star in January 2007 surrounded by wife Melania, adult son Donald Jr. and his youngest child, Barron.
According to USA Today, It has been vandalized multiple times since Trump launched his bid for the presidency. In the past year, it’s been spray-painted with a backward swastika and mute symbol. The most ambitious incident occurred in July of 2017, when a street artist built a wall around it, complete with concertina wire and miniature flags.
That’s according to LAPD officer Ray Brown, who told USA Today that their Hollywood station received a vandalism call at 3:30 a.m. PDT on Wednesday. When officers reported to the Walk of Fame, they confirmed it was Trump’s star that was damaged.
Fellow public information officer Norma Eisenman later said that Austin Clay, a 24-year-old white male, had been booked on felony vandalism charges. His bail, set at $20,000, had not been posted as of publication time.
“Multiple people — including police — tell me a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out the pickax. Then, it’s believed, he called police himself to report it, but left the scene before they got here,” NBC LA’s Jonathan Gonzalez reports.
The vandal scratched off Trump’s name and his television icon, which appeared on the face of the star. Deadline Hollywood reported that a man by the name of Jamie Otis took credit for destroying the star. He told the outlet that his intent was to auction off the removed parts of the star to raise money for the legal defense of Trump accusers.